Hi, What a week. How are you? Honestly, HOW ARE YOU? Our family is doing Ok, all things considered. Please be gentle with yourself during this challenging time and please reach out to me if you want to chat and I can help you work things through, I’m still here, as I’ve always been (just DM me). On a ‘note gourmande’, today I am sharing another favourite recipe of mine: Easy to make Tuna Fishcakes. Just like before, I love reading your messages and feedback, so let me know if you like this new recipe by hitting reply (or shoot a DM) after trying it out.
3 cans tuna, drained
2 tsp olive oil
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 finely chopped chilli
2 tsp crushed garlic
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1 small red pepper, diced
1 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper
¼ cup GF flour
¼ cup almond flour
A good handful of chopped chives or any other fresh herbs you like
1-2 tbsp olive oil (for frying)
1. Drain the cans of tuna.
2. Chop the spring onions and peel and grate the carrots.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, add the spring onions,chili, garlic, carrots, pepper, paprika, salt and pepper, let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Place the tuna and all the fried ingredients into a mixing bowl.
5. Add the eggs, flours and herbs, stir well.
6. Using your hands, shape into patties.
7. Heat the olive oil in a cast iron or stick-free skillet on medium high. Gently place the patties in the pan, and cook until nicely browned, 3-4 minutes on each side, until beautifully golden brown.
8. Serve with wedges of lemon. You can also serve with a yoghurt sauce on slider buns for a tuna burger. Pretty special stuff!