600g Large Potatoes, washed
150g Plain flour, sifted
60g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
3 Egg yolks
50ml Truffle oil
5ml Olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Place the potatoes on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 70-90 minutes or until tender.
3. Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut in half. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh and pass it through a sieve.
4. Weigh out 550g potatoes puree and place into a bowl.
5. Add the flour, Parmesan cheese, egg yolks and truffle oil and work into a dough.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured workbench and knead for 3 minutes. If it feels wet, add a little more flour. The dough should be firm yet soft.
8. Spoon the dough into a piping bag with a 3cm piping tube. Pipe out the dough in lines onto a lightly floured surface.
9. Cut the gnocchi into 3cm lengths.
10. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the gnocchi in several batches. Simply drop the gnocchi into the water and wait for them to float to the surface after 3-4 minutes.
11. Lift them from the water and serve immediately.
Gnocchi can be served with any sauce but to compliment the truffle oil, drizzle olive oil/truffle oil and sprinkle some Parmesan over. Garnish with fresh thyme or micro herbs.