Sweet & Spicy Tofu
I have been super busy for work and there is even more coming up. This has really forced me to become efficient with the dishes that I cook. So I need nutritious and quick and easy to prep dishes! This Asian Tofu cooks up with sweet, and spicy flavour is just that! Serve with rice for a fabulously delicious vegetarian meal.
For the Tofu Marinade:
1 tbsp. @pestoprincess Sundried Tomato Pesto
2 tbsp. tamari
1 tbsp. lime juice
A pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt
Approx 250g block Tempeh, cubed
4 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. olive oil
For the Sauce:
1 tsp. miso paste
2 tbsp. tamari
2 tsp. lime juice
1/4 cup miso soup (or vegetable stock)
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. @silcan.co.za date syrup
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
¼ tsp. salt
1. Stir the sundried tomato pesto, tamari, lime juice, cayenne pepper, minced garlic and salt to a bowl together.
2. Add the tofu, toss in the marinade and let it set in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight.
3. Remove the tofu pieces from the marinade and place them into a bowl
4. Add cornstarch and toss to coat all sides
5. Heat the olive oil over medium heat into a pan, and cook the tofu until golden.
6.Mix all the sauce ingredients into a bowl. Add the sauce to a pan and cook over medium heat until it thickens.
7. Add the tofu, to the sauce, and stir fry for a couple of minutes, tossing and stirring … serve with rice and garnish with your favourite herbs.