Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Flat Bread
There is so much uncertainty out there, it’s easy to become overwhelmed, anxious and negative during the lockdown. So at times like this I focus on what I can control and I suggest that you do the same and just know that even though it’s a challenging period, given time, things will settle down. I’m an optimist and so you should be!Today’s post is dedicated to providing you with a new yummy recipe: Sun-dried tomato pesto flatbread. <3 <3 <3 Hit reply, I'd love to hear from you.
For the dough:
200 ml warm water
1 Tbsp active dry yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
150 gr all-purpose flour + a little more for dusting
150 gr oat flour
1 Tbsp olive oil + some for greasing
1-2 tsp salt (to taste) + some for sprinkling
For a simple pesto sauce
3 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
Handful of rosemary, basil and thyme thinly chopped
sun-dried tomato slices chopped roughly salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small mixing bowl, stir together warm water at 40 C, yeast, and sugar. Once everything has dissolved, cover with a towel and let rise in a warm spot for 15 minutes.
2. In another bowl, mix together flours and salt.
3. Go back to your first bowl, add oil and start gradually adding flour, mixing with a wooden spoon as you go along. Transfer the dough onto a working surface dusted with flour and knead for a few minutes until it is smooth – it doesn’t need much kneading. Add extra flour if the dough is too sticky.. Wrap with cling wrap and rest at room temperature for 30 minutes or so.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 160C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Transfer the dough onto the tray and flatten into an oval.
5. Add all the pesto sauce ingredients into a mixing bowl, stir well.
6. Drizzle the pesto sauce over the flatbread, add sun-dried tomato, salt and pepper to taste.
7. Bake for 30-35 min until golden. Cut and serve keeping the secret to yourself. Please.
Sun-dried Tomato pesto Flat Bread