Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Hi there! So this recipe is kinda random but I had a cabbage in my fridge so I made these stuffed rolls using the leaves. Added more leftover veggies and quinoa filling because why not 🙂 Making foods where I use my hands has always been very therapeutic for me and I hope you find it calming too. The leftovers (if you have any) taste even better the next day. Also, I love when you leave a comment/rating. The feedback helps me and future readers who want to make it! Have a great weekend. Love. Sego <3 <3
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 1 1/2 tablespoon grated or minced ginger
– Zest and juice of 1 lime
– 1 1/2 tbsp tamari
– 1 tbsp Massaman Curry ( I use Blue Elephant Royal Thai Cuisine brand)
– 1 1/2 cup Shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped (or any other mushrooms you like)
– 1 cup grated courgettes
– 1-2 grated carrots
– 2 tbsp coconut milk
– 2 cups cooked quinoa
– 1-2 handful of dry roasted peanuts-optional (or other nuts of your choice)
– Salt and pepper to taste
– About 6-8 cabbage leaves blanched (Boil the leaves for about 2-3 minutes. Immediately submerge them in ice water. Add more ice, if necessary, and allow the cabbage to cool completely)
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– Sauce: 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tablespoon tamari, pepper, 1 tsp maple syrup, 2 tsp toasted sesame oil, 1/2 juice of a lime, 1/2 cup water to dilute, salt & pepper to taste
– Sesame seeds-optional
1. Heat a non-stick pan with 1 tbsp coconut oil, sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
2. Add zest and juice of 1 lime, tamari and curry, cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms, cook for another couple of minutes.
4. Place courgettes and carrots into the pan and continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes, add coconut milk, turn off the heat.
5. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl, add quinoa, salt and pepper to taste, stir well.
6. Place one cabbage leaf on a cutting board. Add some of the filling in the middle (quantity will depend on the size of your cabbage leave), fold in the sides & wrap to seal. Repeat with the remaining filling/cabbage leaves.
7. Heat olive oil in a nonstick saute pan over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, place cabbage wraps, cook until both sides are browned.
8. Drizzle peanut sauce on the cabbage wraps, garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
9. Unimaginably delicious!
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls