Spinach and Peas Salad with
Pistachio, Cashew Nuts & Tahini Sauce
As a wife, mother of three and business owner, I know first-hand the difficulties of maintaining a balanced, healthy lifestyle for my family and myself. I understand the juggle, the busyness and the stress of making it all magically come together every day, so easy-to-make yet super nutritious recipes for me are a must. This Spinach and Peas Salad with nuts and tahini sauce recipe is no exception.
About 6 cups of tightly packed spinach
3 cups peas
2 teaspoons olive oil
Zest of one lemon
¼ cup Tahini sauce
¼ cup cashew nuts and pistachios
60ml olive oil
A pinch of cayenne pepper
2 tbsp. tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt to taste
Handful of coriander
Garnish with avocado and Za’atar spice
1. Bring water to a boil and blanch peas by first boiling them for 1 minute then immediately cooling them in ice water. Drain well.
2. Place baby spinach and peas in a large bowl, drizzle with oil and add salt and lemon zest to taste. Toss well.
3. Make tahini dressing by placing all the ingredients in a blender. Add 1/2-cup water and blend until smooth.
4. Drizzle spinach and peas with dressing, toss well and add nuts and any other garnish that you want.
5. If you are anything like me and always find excuses to smother all your dishes with avocado, add a few slices to this heavenly salad and enjoy!