Sego’s Vegan Meatballs
Hi there! Bringing you another super easy but very tasty vegan recipe to serve for dinner tonight: Sego’s vegan meatballs! Click the link in my profile for the full instructions. Just like before, I love reading your messages and feedback, so let me know if you like this new recipe by hitting reply (or shoot a DM) after trying it out.
2 tbsp olive oil
3-4 spring onions, finely chopped
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
2 tsp crushed garlic
2 tbsp red pepper pesto
1 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp vegetable stock powder
1 tbsp Nomu rosemary and Thyme blend
Juice of 1 lemon
300 g coarsely chopped exotic mushrooms
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup almond flour
2 tbsp ground linseed
1 1/2 cup coarsely mashed black beans
1 1/2 cup cooked brown lentils
1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped into small pieces (or any other nuts you like)
2 handfuls of coarsely chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190oC and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, add the spring onions, red onion and garlic, let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add pesto, tamari, rosemary and thyme blend and lemon juice, stir well.
4. Put in the mushrooms, cook for 3-4 minutes, then place them into a food blender and pulse until diced small.
5. Empty them into a mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients, stir well.
6. Using your hands, shape into balls, place them onto the baking sheet.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Serve the meatballs on a bed of tomato sauce (mine is super simple: sauté onion and garlic, add 1 can of tomato, 2 tsp of Pesto Princess sundried tomato Pesto, 1 tbsp NOMU Mediterranean Aromatic Spice Blend, a drizzle of white wine sauce, let it simmer, salt and pepper to taste). Pretty special stuff!
Sego’s Vegan Meatballs
3 thoughts on “Sego’s Vegan Meatballs”
I am playing with vegan ideas got into this recipe- my first ever vegan and 3 hours later I am exhsusted !
Will send you feedback from the eating crowd tomorrow!
xx monica ( I met you before ????)
Hi Monica, Thank you, these are words that make it all worth it.<3 <3 I find that hidden veggies are a super easy way to increase vegetable intake. I love sneaking them into any meal, even in cakes..my favourite chocolate cake is made with courgettes!:D
The balls were all eaten last night as snaks so I ‘ll go for round 2 today before lunch!
Noelle (12) had mushrooms for the first time ever- such a winner! Unbelievable the amount of good ingredients in just one ball!
Thank you Sego.
Hope to see you again, we are living in the winelands.