Peanut Butter & Buckwheat Bars
August is over! This means that my brain has officially been scrubbed off winter mode, and is getting geared up for the spring holidays! So far, 2019 has been a crazy ride and the best part is, I feel that I am just getting started!. For this final leg, I have made a batch of delicious peanut butter & buckwheat bars that are made with ingredients designed to keep my energy up and my body fuelled.
3/4 cup pitted Medjool dates
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup nuts (I opted for walnut & pecan)
1/2 cup activated buckwheat
1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
1/4 cup linseeds
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 120oC.
2. Finely chop the dates and walnuts.
3. Place all the ingredients into a bowl, and stir until the mixture forms a paste.
4. Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an oven dish lined with baking paper
5. Press down firmly to even out the top. Bake for 40 minutes.
6. Let it cool before cutting into bars.
Store them in the fridge for 4-5 days or in the freezer for up to 2months.