No Sugar Rush Chocolate bars
The shops are full of ‘healthy’ beautifully packaged chocolate bars that are often loaded with sugar, fat and sodium…no thank you! Making chocolate bars at home, with superfood ingredients like cacao powder, nut butter and naturally sweetened with dates, feels like a much cheaper and healthier alternative!
1 cup pitted dates
1 cup raw walnuts and almonds
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
3 tbsp. cacao powder
2 tbsps. hemp seeds
1/4 cup of peanut butter
1-2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
For the topping:
300g melted dark chocolate
1. Add all dry ingredients to the food processor (except rolled oats and hemp seeds), blend until mixture is coarsely ground.
2. Next add in all the wet ingredients, blend until until a large dough ball forms
3. Place the mixture into a bowl, add the rolled oats and hemp seeds and stir (use your fingers to mix, it is much more fun and easier!)
4. Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an oven dish lined with baking paper
5. Press down firmly to even out the top. Freeze for 30 minutes to harden.
6. Pour the melted chocolate evenly on top. Place in the freezer to set for 15-20 minutes.