No Bake Energy Balls
Hi there! More than ever I am grateful to belong to an online community that, like me, believes in the importance of caring for one another and supporting the less fortunate. Whether it is by joining an aid group, supporting local businesses, organizing online workout/choir/meditation/ dance party sessions, volunteering teaching skills to support home school parents, supporting charities and emergency appeals, reaching out to people who are struggling with their mental health etc. most people really want to pull together and help. There is an inner calmness in solidarity, and it does make me more thankful than ever for this community that is standing stronger together. Until my next post, here is a No Bake Energy Ball Recipe that will have you sending me some telepathic cheeriness. Love, Sego
1/2 cup of rolled oat
1/2 cup macadamia flour
1/2 cup cashews
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp date syrup
3 tbsp filtered water
2 tbsp melted dark chocolate + 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate for coating
1. In a food processor, place dry ingredients, and blend until the mixture has turned into a coarse flour texture, about 20 seconds.
2. Add all other ingredients, except for the 1/2 cup of melted chocolate used for coating, blitz again until mixture comes together.
3. Using your hands, shape the mixture into smooth balls and transfer to a parchment lined baking tray.
4. While you are shaping the energy balls, microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds then take the bowl out and give it a stir. Place the bowl back in the microwave and repeat the process of cooking for 30 seconds, stopping, stirring and returning to the microwave until the chocolate has melted.
5. Dip each ball into the melted chocolate with a fork. Gently shake the fork up and down to help smooth the chocolate over the ball and for any excess to drip off, transfer to the baking sheet.
6. Place in the freezer for 15mns to allow chocolate to set.
7. A sneaky extra drizzle of melted chocolate is awfully good too.