My Whole-someness Cookies
Hi there! As you guys know, I love food. I’m also all about balance! I try to keep a well-stocked pantry and fridges around so I’m prepared for new flavoursome recipes at any given moment. I also stick to a wholesome diet for a holistic approach to nutrition which means I like to be a little more thoughtful than just chips and soda. Today, I wanted to share another of my favourite recipes: My Whole-someness Cookies. These are super quick to make and also vegan, gluten free, refined sugar and oil free, and most importantly they taste amazing. Seriously, these cookies are a crowd pleaser among even the pickiest of my children..not naming anyone though! As always, let me know if you like them.
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup mix seeds
1/2 cup chia seeds
1 tbsp desiccated coconut
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder 1/2 tsp ginger powder 1/2 tsp baking powder A pinch of salt 1 ripe banana
1/4 cup macadamia butter
1 tbsp date or maple syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1-2 tbsp coconut milk
1/4 cup dark chocolate broken in chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 160oC and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Place all the dry ingredients (except the chocolate) in a food processor, and pulse making sure to leave some texture intact.
3. Mash banana and mix with all wet ingredients.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, add the chocolate chunks, stir well. Using your hands and a spoon, scoop around 2 tbsp of the mix into your hands and make a bowl shape. Place the balls onto the baking tray.
5. With a fork, press the mixture down to shape into a cookie.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Let it cool completely, or at least try. These will keep for approximately 3 seconds in your hands!