Chocolate and caramel: who can resist? These easy, no bake Millionaire Shortbreads are pure decadence in every bite and guilt-free!
2 cups Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in boiling water for a couple of hours
2 tbsps. macadamia butter
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
3 tsp. water- use the soaking water)
100g chickpea flour
50g almond flour
1/2 to 1 tsp of ground cardamon
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup ground unsweetened coconut
1 tbsp. melted almond butter
2 tbsps. coconut oil
1/2 tsp salt
200g melted dark chocolate
1. Toast the chickpea flour in a dry pan for 10 minutes, over medium heat, tossing often to avoid burning.
2. Add in the ground cardamon, coconut sugar, coconut, almond butter, stir constantly for 3-5 minutes until the mixture is thick and smooth.
3. Place the mixture into a lined baking tray, press down firmly
4. Freeze for 30 minutes to harden.
5. Add all caramel ingredients to a food processor, blend until mixture is smooth.
6. Pour the caramel evenly on top. Place in the freezer to set for 20-30mns.
7. Once set, pour the melted chocolate evenly on top. Place in the freezer to set for 15-20 minutes.