Maple & Spices Breakfast Granola
Makes 20 servings
A bowl of DIY granola is a great way to get you up and moving in the morning. It takes no time to make and the leftovers keep in an airtight glass jar for 2-3 weeks.
This super healthy grain-free, sugar-free and dairy-free recipe not only taste amazing but it is also loaded with proteins, good fats and fibre which will give you lots of energy and keep you going until lunchtime so you won’t be reaching for processed sugar!
- 4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup whole flax seeds
- 2 cups of dried fruits (dried cherries, apricot, cranberries, raisins etc.)
- 1 cup of dried bananas
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground clove
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp orange zest
1. Preheat the oven to 300F. Line two baking trays with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, seeds and dried spices.
2. Gently warm the maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil and orange zest together. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract. Stir thoroughly to combine. Pour over the bowl of oats and stir well. Spread the granola thinly onto your baking trays and place them in the oven.
3. Bake for 20-30 minutes shaking once halfway through. To avoid burning, it’s important that the temperature of the oven is low between 275 – 300F. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before tossing in the dried fruits.
Once lightly golden and crispy, let cool completely before breaking it into clusters.