Hi guys. It’s tortillas season (Did you not know?! :D)! and do I have the perfect recipe for you. I paired spinach with healthy flour alternative: chickpea flour to make the dough and added a creamy guacamole topping, along with herbs pesto, tomato salsa, bacon tempeh, and a sprinkle of toasted nuts. The link to the recipe is in the bio; just like before, I love reading your messages and feedback, so let me know if you like this new recipe by hitting reply (or shoot a DM) after trying it out.
200g fresh spinach
2 cups chickpea flour
1 cup brown rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup water, plus more, as needed
1. Add your rinsed, damp spinach in a pan over medium-heat, sauté for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the spinach into a food processor, blend until smooth.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the pureed spinach with the rest of the ingredients, knead until a soft dough forms. Leave it to rest for 30 minutes. During that time you can prep all your favourite toppings. I made a guacamole, some herbs pesto, a tomato salsa, tempeh bacon and toasted some peanuts and sesame seeds to sprinkle on top.
4. Divide the dough into equal portions. On a lighty floured surface, roll each dough ball into medium size discs, using a rolling pin (the dough should make 6-8 disks depending on your desired tortilla size).
5. In a non-stick pan over medium heat, cook each tortilla for 1-2 minutes on each side.
5. Serve immediately with the toppings of your choice.