Easy Pea-sie & Carrot Patties
Hi there! Bringing you another super easy but very tasty vegan recipe to serve for dinner tonight: Easy Pea-sie & Carrot Patties! Made these for my lunch today, and couldn’t decide which one I liked better, these ones or the Vegan Patties that I made last month! So I wrote up the recipe and will let you guys decide, haha. Click the link in my profile for the full instructions. Just like before, I love reading your messages and feedback, so let me know if you like this new recipe by hitting reply (or shoot a DM) after trying it out.
2 tbsp olive oil
3-4 spring onions, finely chopped
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp NOMU cajun rub
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup grated carrots
2 handful of fresh spinach
1 handful chopped fresh coriander
2 1/2 cup cooled, cooked quinoa
1 tbsp psyllium husk mixed with 1/2 cup water to form a gel
1/2 cup almond flour
Salt and pepper
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, add the spring onions, red onion, garlic and cajun rub and let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add lemon, grated carrots, peas, spinach and coriander, stir well.
4. In a mixing bowl add vegetables, quinoa, psyllium husk and almond flour, stir until combined.
4. Using your hands, shape into thin patties.
5. Add 1 tbsp of oil to a cast iron skillet over medium heat, gently place the patties in the pan, and cook until nicely browned, 3-4 minutes on each side, until beautifully golden brown.
5. Serve with wedges of lemon. You can also serve with a hummus, Chimichurri sauce (I had some leftover from my avocado toast recipe that I posted a couple of days ago so that’s what I drizzled on top!) or guacamole on slider buns for a super yum vegan burger. And boy oh boy will it be good!