Dark Chocolate Butternut Butter Cups
Hi, it’s me again! I’m not sure if you noticed, but I try to post new recipes every two weeks and I love sharing them with you and of course, I really hope you enjoy making them. Today I’m writing from Cape Town, South Africa. The best part of being back home for me is cooking and enjoying the festive season. It lets me connect with friends and family who I don’t see often enough. Over the past month, I’ve made some super easy and delish new recipes, this one is one of them, and I’m curious if you’d like to create them for yourself. Just hit reply and let me know!
2 cups melted dark chocolate (I use Lindt 70% dark chocolate)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup macadamia butter
1/4 cup butternut puree
1/3 tsp cinnamon powder
1/3 tsp ginger powder
1 to 2 pinch nutmeg powder
2 tsp date syrup
1. Add the vanilla essence to the melted chocolate, stir well.
2. Spoon some of the chocolate/vanilla mix in small silicone round muffin moulds up to about 1/3 of the way full.
3. Place the moulds in the freezer until the chocolate has set
4. To make the butternut mixture, stir the macadamia butter, butternut puree, spices and date syrup together in a bowl.
4. Add 1 tsp of the butternut mixture into each chocolate mould.
4. Pour the rest of the chocolate/vanilla mix on top until the moulds are almost full and put back in the freezer until the top layer of chocolate has set.