Hi there! Hope you all had a great week! Before calling it a day, I wanted to post a no-bake treat for when you need something sweet this weekend! They’re cake-like but not too sweet, with a moist, tender crumb. Click the link to the recipe in my bio. Happy Friday everyone! Love, Sego
1/2 cup of rolled oat
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 cup melted dark chocolate
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp date syrup
3 tbsp filtered water
1/2 cup melted dark chocolate for coating
1. In a food processor, place dry ingredients, and blend until the mixture has turned into a coarse flour texture, about 20 seconds.
2. Add all other ingredients, except for the 1/2 cup of melted chocolate used for coating, blitz again until mixture comes together.
3. Using your hands, shape the mixture into smooth balls and transfer to a parchment lined baking tray.
4. While you are shaping the energy balls, microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds then take the bowl out and give it a stir. Place the bowl back in the microwave and repeat the process of cooking for 30 seconds, stopping, stirring and returning to the microwave until the chocolate has melted.
5. Dip each ball into the melted chocolate with a fork. Gently shake the fork up and down to help smooth the chocolate over the ball and for any excess to drip off, transfer to the baking sheet.
6. Place in the freezer for 15mns to allow chocolate to set.
7. A sneaky extra drizzle of melted chocolate is awfully good too.