Hi there! It is the season to bake comfort food (or so I say at least!) so I thought I’d share this recipe that I had fun creating! So much so that I called it Chocolate Fun. Please, feel free to send me name ideas so that I can give it a proper name! Hands down my favourite chocolate recipe this month. Also gluten-free and vegan, although that’s always intentional. Until my next post, stay safe and let know if you like my ‘Chocolate Fun’ as much as I do. Love, Sego
100g melted dark chocolate
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp minced fresh ginger (optional)
1/4 cup coconut cream
2 tbsp @silan.co.za date syrup
1/4 cup gluten free flour
3-4 tbsp almond milk
1 tbsp peanut butter
Small handful of chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat your oven at 180oC and grease 3-4 ramekins.
2. Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds then take the bowl out and give it a stir. Place the bowl back in the microwave and repeat the process of cooking for 30 seconds, stopping, stirring and returning to the microwave until the chocolate has melted.
3. In a bowl, add melted chocolate, cream, ginger, vanilla and date syrup, stir well.
4. Add the flour, milk and peanut butter, whisk together all the ingredients, then fold in the chips. If you find the mixture too thick, add a little nut milk.
5. Pour the mix into the ramekins and bake for 10 and 15minutes, depending on the size of your ramekins.
6. Serve immediately. A dollop of coconut milk yoghurt takes the dish up a couple of octaves!