Chocolate Biscuits ‘n’ Berry & Cream Towers
It’s Libra season, which means that it is my birthday soon…Yeaaah, a happy birthday to me! After such a jam-packed Winter, spending a little time “resting” is exactly what I’ve been missing so for the rest of the month I’ll be staying put in Mauritius and prioritize being present and my holistic balance in regard to my overall health – aka my mind, body, and soul… and of course, finding a minute or two to upload some of my new recipes to tingle your taste buds and bring my appetite. These Chocolate Biscuits ‘n’ Berry & Cream Towers are some of my favorite sweet treats. A great choice to make for pretty much every occasions!
For the Biscuit Layer:
3/4 cup activated buckwheat groats
1 cup ground almonds
50g desiccated shredded coconut
1 tsp ground cardamom
pinch of salt
10-12 medjool dates, pitted
1/3 cup coconut butter, melted
1tsp vanilla extract
For the Berry Chia Jam:200g frozen raspberries and blueberries, preferably organic
¼ cup chia seeds
2 tablespoons orange juice
Up to 3 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
For the Coconut Cream:
3 tbsp. coconut cream
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsp. macademia butter
2 tbsp. melted coconut butter
¼ tsp. salt
For the Chocolate Layer:
250g melted dark chocolate
1. To make the biscuit layer: Add all dry ingredients to the food processor, blend until mixture is coarsely ground.
2. Next add in the wet ingredients, blend until a large dough ball forms
3. Transfer the biscuit mix into cookie molds and press down firmly to even out the top. Freeze for 15-20 minutes to harden.
4. To make the berry chia jam: Add all ingredients (except the chia seeds) to a food processor, blend until well combined.
5. Add the chia seeds into the mixture and place in the freezer to set for 10-15 minutes.
6. Once set, add a thin layer of berry chia jam over half of the cookies and freeze for another hour.
7. To make the coconut cream: Add all ingredients in a bowl and stir thoroughly.
8. Cover half of the biscuits with coconut cream and sandwich with the other half of the biscuits on top.
9. Dip all the biscuits into the melted chocolate and let them set. You may need to double coat them.
10. Freeze for 10 minutes before serving. Store them in the fridge for 4-5 days or in the freezer for up to 2months.